Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Teaching Moment Tuesday

Forgive me, I'm a day late; but I was so dead tired after I got home from my walk yesterday afternoon! It was dinner, shower, then off to bed at 8:00 for me. Yes, I'm lame, I know. :)

So yesterday, we began our new unit on Games. Every 3 weeks we have a themed unit in reading, and we learn about and read stories about these themes. This one is my favorite one, because we learn about types of games and how to play them. I always begin units by asking my kids what they know about the topic. Yesterday, we began the morning with, "What is your favorite game? Let's make a list!"

My students began raising their hands..."XBox360!"... "Nintendo DS!" ...Gamecube!" ...Playstation!" See the pattern?? So I asked them, "Do you have a favorite outdoor game or BOARD game?" One boys raises his hand and very matter-of-factly says, "Those must be BORING if they are called BORED games."

Friday will be interesting when I break out all the games for them to play! ;)

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment