Monday, April 5, 2010

Run for a Tiffany's necklace...YES PLEASE!


Ok, so that's not the ONLY reason for this half marathon. The proceeds benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, which is an organization near and dear to my heart. My sissy-in-law, Trisha, passed away 5 years ago from leukemia. And even though she wasn't my sissy-in-law at the time, I loved her like one and miss her dearly. So anything that benefits blood cancers in high on my list!!

I registered for the lottery to enter this half marathon today...and my fingers are crossed hoping I get in! These half marathon fees are pretty hefty, especially this one ($115), so if I get in, I'm asking mom and dad for the fees as my early b-day present. :) This race is in October, nearly 5 weeks after the Disneyland Half Marthon, and I'm pretty sure it will be my last one for the year. However, a couple of us were talking about possibly doing a marathon relay...oy-vay!

All I know is this....if I get into this half, I'm going to have a blast and run (or walk) like the girlie girl that I am!

Lots of love!


2 comments:

  1. so glad you left me a post! i didn't realize you had a blog!! YAY! i'd run across the ocean for some bling...ha! I can't read all the posts you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is seriously the best race. i am registered for the lottery as well. i hope we hear something soon!

    ReplyDelete