Monday, June 7, 2010

running for a cause, just because


Yesterday, a few of my teacher friends and I did a 5k race benefiting the local WEAVE organization. It was for a great cause and we all had a great time!! This was supposed to be the race where I ran the entire thing, but with my hip (IT band) outta whack for the last month, I was only able to run 2 miles of the 3.1. I still finished at 40 minutes, which is what I hoped for. Yay for meeting goals!!

Here are a few pics of the girls and me. I think we may have had more fun taking all these pics than we did running the race! LOL
We all finished with great times this day...go us!


My favorite picture of the day...man, look how high I jumped!



1 comment:

  1. I love to pretend i am still in high school and take funny pics! 40 minutes on a bum him... GREAT JOB MEL! you are steller!

    ReplyDelete