Thursday, June 17, 2010

for trisha

As I mentioned before, I'm run/walking the Nike Women's Half Marathon this October in San Fran. It's going to be a great race, and I'm so excited to be doing it with my awesome walking and teaching friend! I've decided to begin raising funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for this event in honor of my sister-in-law, Trisha.

She passed away in May 2005 from AML (acute myeloid leukemia. Because of this, anything to help LLS is ok in my book. I'm running this race for her this year...and I'm going to give it my all. :) Check out my fundraising page!!

1 comment:

  1. Such an amazing thing to do for your husband's sister. I remember reading when she passed and I know how hard it is to lose a sibling and how much it means to want to do something in their honor. I would be happy to contribute!

    ReplyDelete