Monday, June 28, 2010

i've been bitten.

by the baby bug! It's seriously on my mind all the time, and I feel like I'm close to ready for this new adventure.

Hubs and I have talked at length about starting to try for a little bean, but I have my worries. We're at a very good place in our lives; we own our home, have steady jobs (for the moment), and we're comfortable financially. Ideally, we planned to start trying late this summer, but I have 2 half marathons coming up this fall (September and October). I'm afraid that if I get pregnant before the races, I won't be able to complete them. So this has made me decide to wait a little longer. Tim and I also have a cruise scheduled for before the holidays, and I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to get on a ship with morning sickness either.

I know that there's never going to be a "perfect" time to have a child, and I know it's not something I can plan. I have sooo many doubts on whether or not I am truly ready. I feel almost selfish for thinking of myself so much...but I guess I just want to make sure I'm truly ready.

To any mommies out there: when did you realize you were ready for a little bean??

1 comment:

  1. Awe Mel, how exciting!! All I can say is that there is nothing selfish about waiting until YOU are ready for a baby. Definitely best to do all the things you want to do first as you never know how your body is going to react when pregnant. Some people never get sick and have flawlessly easy pregnancies... me, I barfed day and night for 14 weeks LOL. I do remember when the baby bug bit though and it sure takes over your brain, doesn't it!?

    I can also say is that I don't think anyone can ever be truly prepared or ready for a baby. That mother instinct will kick in and it will just come naturally and you are going to be WONDERFUL at it. It is scary and nerve racking and amazing all at the same time. Yes, we do have a little less disposable income with diapers and daycare but her little face is worth it.

    When it is all you can think about, you will know when you are ready. <3

    ReplyDelete