Tuesday, February 9, 2010

i need the off button!!


So for the last few weeks, I continue to hear icky things about budget stuff in my district and my heart sinks each time. I am almost positive now that I will be getting laid off and it TERRIFIES me. I DO have a higher chance of getting a position back, since I'm higher on the seniority list at my district. But seriously, the thought of not having a job frightens me to no end. And I can't seem to shake the sinking feeling. What's wrong with me?!?

I love what my husband said to me though. He lets me cry through all my fears and listens to me rant and rave...and he tells me,"It's not the end of the world, babe." And he is totally right.

As scary as it is to not be employed, it ISN'T the end of the world. As hard as it will be to find another job, I still have my health, my husband, and my family. It could be worse.

So for now, until I receive the dreaded pink peice of crap paper, I will say this prayer: Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change..." Hopefully this will bring me some peace until May. :::sigh:::


No comments:

Post a Comment