Wednesday, February 17, 2010

24 more days...

Until the Shamrock Half!! I'm honestly a little worried that I won't be ready for the race. It's really been difficult to train the way that I want to with all the rain that we've been blessed with over the last few weeks. I have been trying to take advantage of all the sunny days, but that still leaves me with only 4-5 days of walking or running a week. AND I'm not able to really get my miles in since the sun is still setting pretty early. Last time, I was walking at least 6 miles once a week this far before the race. Can't say the same about this time. I'm lucky if I get 6 miles in every 2 weeks. Oh boo.

But on a positive note, I have been running more! This week, I ran 3.21 miles WITHOUT STOPPING!! Wahoo!! I'm going to try and focus more on walking from now until the race, maybe I'll give myself one running day. Since I'll be walking Shamrock, I should probably make that my focus for the next 2 weeks.

Wish me luck, friends! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment