Thursday, January 14, 2010

Do I dare? You bet I do!!

My fellow LC alum and blogger, Kara, has challenged her readers to participate in a 30 Day Shred Challenge. I think it sounds like a fine idea; so I told her I am all in!! Starting Saturday, and for the next 30 days, I will be completing a workout a day from Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and hopefully will be able to keep up with her. I've done this workouts sporadically on OnDemand and have loved them! It's great that they are only 30 minutes, but each workout incorporates cardio, strength, and abs. It is a serious workout!!


Since it's only 30 minutes a day, I'm thinking (and hoping!) it won't be too hard to squeeze this in. The last two weeks, I've been running/walking 3-4 days during the work week and taking an hour yoga class 2 times a week. I HAVE to keep up with my cardio since Shamrock AND Big Sur are coming up (yes folks, my crazy ass signed up for the Big Sur 10 mile...what was I thinking?!?) I'm doing this mainly to tone, but I won't be bummed out if a couple of pounds melt away at the same time. :)

I'm thinking that since it takes me forever to get ready in the morning, my workouts have to stay in the afternoon. In the last 2 weeks, I've been really good about not taking too much work home with me, although the work load may increase towards the end of the trimester. So I've been able to get home before it gets dark to get my runs in for the evening. Yoga classes are on Monday and Wednesday evenings, so I should probably plan to do my runs on Tues, Thurs, and Fridays, along with a long walk over the weekends. This way, my day is not completely taken over by working out, and I'll be able to recover between runs.

Kara was awesome enough to schedule out the workouts, so here it is:

LEVEL 1

Day 1. Jan 16th
Day 2. Jan 17th
Day 3. Jan 18th
Day 4. Jan 19th
Day 5. Jan 20th
Day 6. Jan 21th
Day 7. Jan 22nd
Day 8. Jan 23rd
Day 9. Jan 24th
Day 10. Jan 25th

LEVEL 2
Day 11. Jan 26th
Day 12. Jan 27th
Day 13. Jan 28th
Day 14. Jan 29th
Day 15. Jan 30th
Day 16. Jan 31st
Day 17. Feb. 1st
Day 18. Feb. 2nd
Day 19. Feb 3rd
Day 20. Feb 4th

LEVEL 3
Day 21. Feb 5th
Day 22. Feb 6th
Day 23. Feb 7th
Day 24. Feb 8th
Day 25. Feb 9th
Day 26. Feb 10th
Day 27. Feb 11th
Day 28. Feb 12th
Day 29. Feb 13th
Day 30. Feb 14th

I'll try and blog a couple of times a week to update how my progress is going. I will measure myself before I begin to have a baseline, and I'm really iffy about taking a picture...but I guess I will. It's not like I'm going to post it! :P I mean, unless I look smokin' hot by the end...which will be Valentine's Day!! LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment