Wednesday, January 20, 2010

almost back to normal

I am almost back to my normal self! I got sick (again) this weekend, and I am just now feeling better. I was really upset with the fact that I caught a cold, especially since I just got over a quick sickness two weeks ago. So not only was I feeling crummy, but my workout routines were put on hiatus until I could breath again. Needless to say, I'm a little bit behind schedule. :(

I began my shred workouts on Saturday, and let me tell you, it kicked my butt! I was super sore almost immediately after I completed my workout. My hubby was intrigued with the idea of a twenty minute workout that worked everything, so I allowed him to watch me. He giggled on the couch (mostly every time I had to squat), and he commented on the fact that it didn't look too bad, to which I replied, "You try it!"

Since Saturday (which is when I got sick), I wasn't able to stay on my schedule for my shred workouts. I gave myself Sunday and Monday off. Tuesday, I went to the gym and did 45 minutes of cardio, and I attempted to do a shred workout, but I just didn't have the energy to finish. Today, I FINALLY did the whole thing, and I am feeling AWESOME!! And I have a yoga class that I am determined to go to tonight. :)

I also have to mention that I now have Hubby hooked on these shred workouts. He woke up early Tuesday morning and decided to give them a try...and he now agrees that it kicked his butt!! His goal is to try and do a workout every morning. So proud of him!!

And I am soooo ready for the stormy weather to disappear!! I am dying to go out and run/walk, and it's been sooo ugly outside. That, and I'm DONE with rainy day recess. Even my group of wonderful angels is driving me batty!!

Happy Hump day to all!!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know u had a blog Mel! I am so glad u made a comment! I can't wait to read all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I need to hear more about these shred workouts Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Amanda!! I love reading yours and keeping up with your boys. :)

    Jennifer: these workouts are intense, but so good!! We'll see how far I get!

    ReplyDelete