Monday, June 15, 2009

Touch your what?



So today, as I was reading quietly with a small group of my students, one of my boys comes up to me with his reading folder. He had just finished reading with one of the intervention teachers, and I assumed he came up to me to tell me that he passed his reading fluency. He walked up and said, "Excuse Mrs. C, but I wanted you to feel my monkey."

WHAT?!?

My dirty mind came rolling in and I began cracking up!! He looked SO confused and said, "It's fuzzy, Mrs. C. I just want you to touch it." That didn't help me control my laughter.

He had received a FUZZY MONKEY STICKER from the other teacher, and we both looked at each other and laughed uncontrollably! Most hilarious thing I've heard from my kids in a few weeks.

To make him happy, I touched the sticker and said, "That is pretty cool."
And his response was, "I knew you'd want to touch it!"

Ah, just another day in first grade!!

No comments:

Post a Comment