Monday, June 29, 2009

new commitment


I've decided that I'm going to begin training to walk a half marathon! It's something that I've been thinking of doing for a while now, and I'm finally going to begin the journey! I know it takes a lot of dedication and commitment, and it will be a challenge to stick to my daily work outs, even when I'm exhausted. I figured that it would give me a reason to work out regularly and eat better, which I've been trying to do for a while now. The thing that will keep me going is the feeling of accomplishment that I will get after I've completed it. I am so excited that I have some daring friends to go through the training and marathon with me!! I will probably continue to blog about my training workout, just to hold my accountable. The half marathon I'll be running is on October 4th...so I have exactly 3 months to prepare my body for the challenge. It's supposed to be a really fun event, so I'm pretty excited about it!

Today I began my morning with a brisk 3 mile walk around the lake. It was pretty warm this morning, but there was a nice breeze every once in a while. I completed my distance in under an hour (I think I'm walking an 18 minute mile right now). My goal for the next 3 weeks is to get my mile to 15 minutes.

I did some strength training as well, working on upper body and abs. My bottom is definitely feeling the walk from this morning! It's such a wonderful sore feeling. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment